A casserole is the perfect time-saver dish. It can provide plenty of “cook once, eat twice, or more!” leftovers, or it can satisfy a hungry crowd. Whatever the case in your home, you’ll love the ease of preparation with this keto sausage breakfast casserole.
- 1 lb. no nitrates or nitrites, all vegetarian fed pork sausage
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup diced onion
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. dried ground sage
- 1 ½ cups aged cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375F and grease a casserole dish; set aside.
- Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until almost cooked through.
- Add cabbage, zucchini and onion, cooking until vegetables are tender and sausage is fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and spoon into prepared casserole dish, then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, sage, and pepper until smooth.
- Add 1 cup of the grated cheese to the egg mixture and stir.
- Pour this mixture over the sausage and vegetables in the casserole dish.
- Top casserole with the remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Place casserole in preheated oven and bake 30 minutes, or until bubbling around the edges and the cheese is melted and lightly browned on top.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
- This makes a total of 6 servings Keto Sausage Breakfast Casserole. Each serving comes out to be 487 Calories, 41.94g Fats, 4.78g Net Carbs, and 19.11g Protein.