Keto Clam Chowder
New England clam chowder belongs in a soup category of its own. So creamy and comforting, there is nothing like good clam chowder.
However, after taking a closer look, you’ll often find high-carb veggies and all-purpose flour lurking in every spoonful. These two ingredients turn what could be a keto-friendly staple into a carb-laden soup.
It’s time to flip the script on clam chowder by making it both healthy and satisfying with one simple keto recipe.
Yields 8 servings of Keto Clam Chowder
§ 1/4 cup chicken broth
§ 1 medium onion, chopped
§ 1 small leek, sliced
§ 2 ribs celery, diced
§ 4 cloves garlic, minced
§ 2 tablespoons butter
§ 2 teaspoon sea salt
§ 1 teaspoon black pepper
§ 3 ten-ounce cans whole baby clams, drained
§ 2 cups clam juice
§ 8 ounce thick-cut bacon, chopped and cooked
§ 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
§ 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
§ 1 teaspoon dried thyme
1. Prep all ingredients. Put the slow cooker on low setting.
2. Add chicken broth, onion, leek, celery, garlic, butter, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 1 hour.
3. Once vegetables have softened, add clams, clam juice, cooked bacon, cream cheese, and heavy cream.
4. Stir together until cream cheese is softened and well incorporated. Add thyme and stir again. Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low.
5. Optionally: Turn slow cooker to high and leave the lid off for 30 minutes if you want to reduce the chowder to make it thicker.
6. Serve hot and enjoy!
Each serving comes out to be 471 calories, 39.8g fat, 8.1g net carbs, and 21.6g protein.
Searching for something specific? Let us help you.