Oven roasted veggies are a favorite side dish and this cheesy brussels sprout casserole is hard to beat. It is so easy to make and healthy, yet utterly delicious.
Serving Size = 8
- 2 lb Brussels sprouts (halved)
- 1 tsp Sea salt (scant, not quite full, divided into 2 parts)
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper (divided into 2 parts)
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 cup Aged Cheddar cheese (shredded, divided into 1 cup and 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup Chopped Bacon made from paleo friendly, nitrate and nitrite free bacon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two 9” x 13” pans with foil.
Toss the brussels sprouts with 1 tbsp melted butter. Season with half the sea salt and black pepper. Arrange on the pans in a single layer. Roast side-by-side for 35 minutes, rotating halfway through, until edges are browned and crispy.
Melt remaining 2 tbsp of butter in bowl in microwave. Add the unsweetened almond milk and heavy whipping cream. Heat until hot.
Stir in one cup (2/3 of the recipe) of the shredded cheddar cheese, until melted. Season with the remaining sea salt and black pepper.
When brussels sprouts are finished roasting, transfer them into a smaller 8” x 11” or 9” x 9” pan. Pour the sauce over the brussels sprouts. Sprinkle chopped bacon and the remaining shredded cheese on top.
Bake for 10-15 minutes, until bubbly.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 245Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value
Total Fat 19g29%
Total Carbohydrates 11g4%
Dietary Fiber 4g16%
Net carbs per serving: 7g